Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back from California

The third major trip this month is about over. I should board my plane home in about an hour. Of course, tomorrow, another flight, this time to Nashville for the Passover/Easter mini-series. At least Lisa is coming with me this time.

Well, Tim Standish and I worked around the clock the past five days. We gave our Creation-Evolution seminar at the Beaumont Church in Southern California, and even though we have things to improve and tighten up, it went quite well, overall. I really think this seminar can be a blessing to people.

So, thanks for praying for it. Quite frankly, I don't know how we pulled it off. Mere hours before our time to speak we were often trying to figure content and order issues, and the PPT slides were only started. And yet, somehow, 120 slides of mostly coherent and almost surely compelling material emerged by the time we stood up to speak. If it wasn't for God, I don't know where we'd be.

Here is what we want to do with these meetings, to be aired live from Nashville, May 4 through 8 at 7:30 EDT.
  1. We want to honor God by talking about what He did in the universe and the world
  2. We want to acknowledge the powerful forces behind the evolutionary worldview and deal with it accordingly and with respect
  3. We want to reach, especially, those young adults who may come from Christian backgrounds but have become steeped in evolutionary concepts and don't know what is what anymore
  4. We want to reach the secular-minded educated person who never thought much about the creation and Flood stories in the Bible
  5. We want to bring out facts from both sides that will be particularly enlightening to Joe Church in the pew with little science background
The agenda is ambitious and very challenging. Please continue to pray for us so the Spirit will take this under His absolute control. That is what we're praying for.

A second major request for prayer is the Passover/Easter series I start in two nights. The last six months have been non-stop for me, literally. Even though all the concepts and content are somewhere in my head, and I've done these meetings in the past, it is a new configuration and focus for this weekend, and I have yet to produce one complete sermon. Here are the titles, so you can pray each day for what's coming. This will only be of local reach, in Nashville only.

Series: UNCOMMING INSIGHTS ON JESUS THE SAVIOR
Thu, April 21, 7:00 p.m.  Why Jesus Died Before the Cross
Fri, April 22, 7:00 p.m.    Why Christ Did Not Think He’d Resurrect
Sat, April 23, 11:20 a.m. Why He Rested in the Tomb
Sat, April 23, 7:00 p.m.   Why Is Jesus the First-Born of the Dead
Sun, April 24, 7:00 p.m.  Why Christ Promised to Return
I had to file an extension for my taxes, something I hadn't done in a long long time. My last two days of teaching are today and tomorrow. So, lots of papers and projects to grade. Finals are next week. And then the Creation-Evolution broadcast. Beginning May 10, I will breath again for two days, before I start research for the book on prophecy.

Blessings to all of you. God is good, and He proves it day by day. We praise Him for who He is!

"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power;
for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created."

Revelation 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment