Saturday, July 2, 2011

Update and Needs

It's July already. Less than 90 days before opening night! Where are we according to plan?

  1. We're resolving the advertising issues. We've taken weeks now to sort this out. The blimp we're planning to use over Nashville presented some logistic and financial issues, but I believe they are finally getting worked out.
  2. The guidelines for Archaeology are ready. Something that should have been ready months ago turned out to be a nightmare. The DVDs took months longer to produce than we had planned, and the guidelines for home use had to follow. I believe we have those ready now.
  3. 612 churches have signed up. The signing of additional churches after the Creation-Evolution series has been slow coming. My hope is to get at least 1,000 churches by opening night.
  4. Several camp meetings have been covered. I've been to Ontario, Kentucky-Tenn, Pennsylvania, and earlier this week returned from the Wisconsin and Arizona camp meetings. I only have Alaska left for this summer. My hope is that a few more churches will join the NET.
  5. Prophecy book writing is stalled. Unfortunately, this has been the reality, for a number of reasons. This needs to change radically.
  6. Broadcasting will be via Hope Church Channel. Our expectation was to broadcast the NET on Hope Channel and even on 3ABN. However, different decisions were made by both broadcasters which we could not influence. We pray the Lord will still work through these plans.
  7. A renewed communication focus began. As of today, I believe the Reach NAD News newsletter coming from Bernie Delafield's office, will dedicate more focused updates on NET 2011. This goes to the entire NAD field.
We need urgent prayer for the following:
  1. Spanish Translation. We've been working for months on this, and have finally found a good interpreter (they're not easy to find, especially to do simultaneous translation) able to do it. However, this was not part of our original budget and it will mean a considerable expense we can't cover at this time. We must resolve this issue in the next few days--which means find the finances to pay for it.
  2. The Prophecy Book. To be honest, there has been a great controversy between good and evil over this in my life. I need the direct intervention of the Spirit, mostly in my heart. I need the Lord to perform heart surgery in me, and I believe the rest--the writing--will follow. I'm running out of time.
  3. More Churches. With such an excellent opportunity to engage in soul winning this fall, it is sad to note so many churches still unsigned. Pray that the Spirit of God may stir the hearts of pastors and church leaders everywhere to sign on to the NET series and see people come to Jesus.
  4. Youth Mobilization for Outreach. Later this month (22-24), the Jesus in Jeans Youth Rally will take place in Nashville to mobilize youth for peer outreach. Let's pray that our young people may be powerfully by the Spirit to reach out to others, and that many of them may make decisions for Christ.
  5. Better Use of Holy Spirit Book. I have met people all over the country who've found Adventism's Greatest Need a blessing to them. The Lord led me to write this for personal revival and church renewal. Oh, how much we need this! My prayer is that many more can take advantage of this resource, especially as they meet in groups.
  6. Guidelines for Creation-Evolution. This is the equivalent of what was done for archaeology. Again, the development of this resource is taking an inordinate amount of time. Pray this may be expedited so members may use the resource in their homes.
  7. More Faithful Prayer Warriors. We live in crucial times, with so many people who could turn their faces towards the Lord Jesus. We desperately need more "knee laborers" to press before the Lord His very own agenda.
Please join me in praying for these issues. They weigh heavily on my soul. And pray especially for me. My spiritual health has been on the wane lately, and I need an urgent intervention of the Spirit in my life.

"And He was saying to them, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.'"

Luke 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment